GM MDI is a new GM Diagnostic tool. It is not only work for the new gm car, but also for the old kind of car. It covers GM car from 1990 to now.
High Quality GM MDI Multiple Diagnostic Interface with Wifi (free software with online upgrade included)
Windows XP Operating System. Use USB Cable or Lan Cable to connect to your laptop
1. With opel Global tis global diagnostic system
2. Support offline lease function
3. Support Opel offline programming function
4. With GDS2 diagnostic system
5. Tech2win diagnostic software support adding latest software
6. support programming online
7. support cable communication
8. support wireless communication
9. support original factory latest software
10. With European Chevrolet Global tis, Supports European Chevrolet offline programming
11. All Chips are new and original
General Motors Global Electrical Architecture (Global A) and Global Diagnostic Hardware &Software
Global Diagnostic System DGS& Mutiple diagnostic Interface MDI
MDI and GDS Background
- MDI is an interface between the vehicle DLC and a PC (by wired USB, wired Ethernet, wireless Ethernet ) and TIS2web.
- Can be Used for SPS programming on existing and future SGM vehicles
- Required for diagnostics on new SGM Global A Electrical Architecture Vehicles
- Used with TIS2Web, GM Global Diagnostics System (GDS), SPS and MDI Manager Software
- Allows for GDS diagnostic
- GM Multiple Diagnostic Interface (MDI)
- All current and most legacy vehicle protocols: UART, KW2000, CLASS2, GM LAN, etc.
- Needed for Global A architechture vehicles
- Supports Service Programming System (SPS)
- Pass through progrmming on past model and Global A vehicles
- Supports PC-Based diagnostics with rollout of the Global Diagnostic System (GDS) application
- Includes Flight Recorder Mode
New Diagnostic Application Required for Global A Vehicles:
Global Diagnostic System (GDS)
PC-based software diagnsotics
DTCs, Diagnostics, Data Display & Visualization, Device Controls, Special Tests, Flight Recorder management, etc.
GDS is software which runs on a specific PC. Updates received via TIS2Web.
Multiple display options. More space for diagnsotics. Session management for multiple us.
Future of the Tech 2
The Tech 2 remains an essential tool through at least the 2010 model year. The GM MDI will not support past models when its diagnostic capabilities are introduced. And, the Tech2 will continue to be needed to diagnose all vehicles fromprevious model years. Remote programming with the Tech 2 will continue to be supported for use on all 2007 and previous vehicles.Additional information will be supplied in future.
How to use GM MDI?
- The new GM MDI can be used only in the Pass-Thru method. This means you can use it as your programming tool, while your Tech 2/CANDY remains available for diagnostics and other duties.
- The GM MDI is initially being introduced with Pass-Thru programming capabilities only. It can be used to perform Pass-Thru programming on all vehicles built since 1996 and will support all vehicles into the future.
- The GM MDI will be required to perform diagnostics on selected NAO vehicles for model year 2009. Diagnostic software is scheduled to be released for the GM MDI during the fourth quarter of 2008. Regulations require programming procedures to be compliant with SAE Recommended Practice J2534.
- The GM SPS is compliant with SAE Recommended Practice J2534, and the GM MDI is compliant with the portions of SAE J2534 that are applicable for GM vehicles.
What protocols does the GM MDI support?
For immediate use — At present, vehicles have two buses on the 16 pin connector (high speed and low speed GMLAN). The GM MDI communicates using all of the existing GM protocols, the same as the Tech 2:
- Class 2
- GMLAN (CAN)
Beginning with the 2008 model year vehicles, Pass-Thru will be the only programming method available. (Remote will continue to be available for previous vehicles.)
1pc x GM MDI Main unit
1pc x OBD2 Cable
1pc x USB Cable
1pc x Lan Cable
1pc x AC Adapter
1pc x Screw (used to fix the usb cable when connecting usb cable with main unit)
1pc x CD Software
Connectors and Indicators (LEDs) on the MDI:
Host Computer Interface:
Using the PC application MDI Manager software, you configure the MDI to communicate with a host computer. The MDI is capable of communicating over a USB cable, an ethernet cable (LAN), or wireless (WLAN),PC Connections on the MDI